The Pedicure - a treat for your feet!
Saturday, 20 July 2013
So often we take our feet for granted as they carry us around each and every day. We pamper our hair and faces but tend not to give our feet a second thought. Until the time arrives when we get a remainder in the form of aching arches or even a more serious foot condition. Taking care of our feet with a regular pedicure will add more than pep to your step; it will also keep some of those unhealthy foot conditions at bay.
Pretty and well cared for feet are more than a delight to the eye. A pedicure can be a wonderful form of pampering; it can lift your spirits and soothe your feet at the same time. Whether you choose full spa pedicure or opt for an at-home treatment your feet will thank you for it!
The pedicure: Ultimate pampering at home or at the spa
1. At home or at the spa start with a comfortable place to sit. A footbath or large bowl filled with warm water and perhaps therapeutic mineral salts. As you soak your feet for 10 minutes or so, listen to music, read a book or just relax and enjoy the sensation of the water.
2. Remove feet from the water and dry with a soft clean towel. Clip and file the toenails carefully and clean gently around cuticles. Rinse feet and gently pat dry.
3. While the feet are still moist apply a foot scrub to remove any hard skin or calluses from the areas around the heels especially. A pumice stone may also be used at this point. Rinse the feet in the warm water. Wipe feet dry paying special attention to the areas between the toes.
4. Apply a good moisturiser or lotion to the feet and ankle area. Steady massaging strokes will give you a relaxing and therapeutic foot treatment. Allow the lotion or cream moisturiser to soak into the skin.
5. Leave toes nails natural or apply the latest glamour nail polish.