5 Ways To Boost Your Metabolism
Thursday, 1 August 2013
The way to better weight management and weight loss is to increase your metabolism. The older we get, the more our metabolism will naturally slow down. No wonder so many people get frustrated with diets and eventually give up.
When you incorporate the fat burning strategies below into your daily lifestyle, weight loss happens and you feel better about your appearance. The tips below are ways to jump start your metabolism. Incorporate these tips into your daily routine and watch the fat burn off.
1. Daily Fast Pace Walk – Walking 25 to 30 minutes per day, 5 times each week will increase your metabolism by 200 calories per day. You can walk during your lunch break, weekends or after work. Just budget 30 minutes a day, 5 times per week.
2. Eat Small Frequent Meals – Never skip meals. Skipping meals does not save calories in the long-run and it slows your metabolism. Instead eat 5 to 6 small meals each day. Consuming small meals through the day will naturally boost your metabolism.
3. Eat Lean Protein and Complex Carbs - Your body will burn more calories if you avoid process foods, white flour and sugar. Your meals should consist of lean protein from chicken, turkey, lean beef or fish along with a complex carb source. Beans, brown rice, vegetables and low sugar fruits make an excellent source of complex carbs. Your body can burn 2300 calories of nutritious foods from protein and complex carbs faster than it can burn 1500 calories of foods high in sugar and white or bleached flour.
4. Avoid 4 Hours Gaps Between Meals - You should never wait more than 4 hours between meals. Frequent Meals results in stable blood sugar. You don’t need a regular size meal but you need good nutrition every 2 to 3 waking hours. A protein shake, fruit, beans or even a handful of nuts make good nutritious snacks between meals that rev your metabolism.
5. Write it Down – Good things happens when you plan. Write down your meal and exercise plan for the day and stick to it. Don’t beat yourself up if you fail. It’s important to forgive and forget past failures and press forward each day towards your new goal.