7 Magical Foods For Healthy Women
Wednesday, 20 January 2016
Eating varied food is very crucial for both genders, but science shows that for women, there are several special foods that could provide that extra edge that they need. It’s about foods that could help protect from different diseases like osteoporosis, heart disease, breast cancer… Start playing these "cooking games" in you kitchen, and improve your health.
- Examinations show that foods rich with lycopene may play a role in avoiding breast and cervical cancers. Tomatoes belong to this group, but the studies show that the protection comes from a way of eating rich in vegetables generally.
- Flaxseed is a plant based on omega 3 fats, fibre, and lignans - disease-fighting compounds. The studies show that flaxseed can reduce hot flashes, and also can lower "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Some people use kale in their diet, but some don’t have that habit. It’s good to know that this vegetable has so many good things. Lutein and zeazanthin are antioxidants that protect the eyes, but also there is a day's worth amount of vitamin C and a great amount of vitamin K - a potent bone builder that activates bone proteins needed to prevent osteoporosis.
- Salmon is so rich in omega 3 fats and offers a few unique benefits for women. Oils in this kind of fatty fishes could help post-partum depression, especially if you take in during the third trimester. If you are in your forties and beyond, estrogens levels begin to decrease. Eating fatty fish can help keep the ticker healthy and protects from heart disease as well. The right dose will be two servings of salmon, or other fatty fish, per week.
- Cranberry juice is recommended when it comes to treating women's urinary tract infections. It is acidic and has a lot of vitamin C, but in this case antioxidants called proanthocyanins are main actors. They prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of the bladder where they can multiply and cause, or intensify an infection.
- Drinking yogurt is good but Greek yogurt has double the protein of most yogurts and far less sugar. The examinations show that eating higher levels of protein (30 percent of calories) helps women with weight loss, muscle maintenance, and promotes healthier aging.
- Consuming walnuts can fight breast cancer and osteoporosis. According to some studies just two ounces of walnuts per day could help delay development of breast cancer and slow tumour growth. Walnuts are rich with antioxidants called phytosterols, already known cancer fighters but here are also the omega 3 fats. Another study shows that diets rich in this same plant are adept at preventing excessive bone turnover which keeps bones strong and healthy.