I don't know about you, but I am extremely happy that spring is here. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and all nature comes to life. Spring gives me a certain energy that no other season can and what better way to focus that energy than not with a good spring cleaning?
You heard me right. Your house needs also a new look, needs to freshen up and what better time to do it, than now? I know that after a long and cold winter, you may not feel up to a project like this, but if you try, you'd be amazed by the results and you will enjoy your new living space much more than before. So grab a cup of tea, pen and paper and take some notes, because I'm about to give you 5 tips to refresh your house this spring. Enjoy!
1. De-clutter - This is the most important thing that you have to do. You would be amazed by the quantity of things that we tend to gather up in time, and as I say it, if you haven't used it in more than a month or so, you probably don't need it after all. Of course, I am talking about the small things, don't throw away your radio or something :) Also, the more things you keep in a room, the smaller it gets, so remove all the unnecessary things and enjoy the extra space!
2. Re-organise your furniture - Maybe you can't afford to buy new furniture, but you can always re-arrange it differently so your room can have a total makeover. On Pinterest, you can find a lot of tutorials on how to bring to life old furniture, so the sky is the limit.
3. Give your walls a fresh colour - You can also change the appearance of your room by painting the walls. Don't forget that brighter colours make the rooms bigger, so try to stay away from everything that is too dark. If you don't want to paint your room, but you want to add something special that will catch the eye of your guests, I suggest you try some wall murals. They come in a huge variety and you can be sure that your room will be special.
4. Brighten up your space by adding mirrors and extra lamps - The light is very important, in every living space, but that doesn't need to come only from one source. You can play with lamps in different sizes, to create an awesome effect. Also, it's proven that adding mirrors can brighten up your living space, so try to keep that in mind. Also by placing glass, mirrors or crystals near windows, the natural light will reflect in different, and more effective, ways.
5. Add a touch of green - Never underestimate the power of house plants. Adding a little greenery will make any room feel outdoorsy and lively. Better yet, get some flowers among your greenery to add little splashes of bright colour to balance out all the green.